Terms & Conditions
AUSTILE CERAMICS (PENRITH): CONDITIONS OF SALE
FIXING OF THE PRODUCT CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THE PRODUCT
1. The terms and conditions of this invoice supersede any terms and or conditions set forth in any purchase order, or written document by the ordering party.
2. Due to the inherent nature of ceramics, paving bricks, terracotta and natural products such as marble and granite, variations from shipment must be expected. Please check that you have sufficient product before fixing as no guarantee is given that subsequent supplies of the same product will be available or will match in shade or gauge.
3. All tiles should be checked for colour, size and quality before being fixed. We ask that you contact Austile Ceramics Penrith for information regarding the aforesaid prior to fixing any tiles. Austile Ceramics Penrith will accept no responsibility after tiles have been fixed.
4. All products sold by Austile Ceramics Penrith are to be fixed and applied in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. No responsibility will be accepted by Austile Ceramics Penrith for damage which occurs from the use of acids in cleaning or other procedure which is not recommended by the manufacturer.
6. Tiles cannot be guaranteed against crazing. For information please contact Austile Ceramics Penrith.
7. Except as otherwise expressly provided in these conditions, all warranties, representations, promises, conditions or statements regarding the goods whether express or implied, and whether statutory or otherwise (including, without limiting generality, warranties representations, promises, conditions and statements as to merchantability, suitability or fitness for any purpose, profitability or any other attributes or consequences of or benefits to be obtained from or in the course of using such goods) are to the full extent permitted by law hereby expressly excluded.
i. The replacement of goods or the supply of equivalent goods.
ii. The payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods.
8. No responsibility will be accepted by Austile Ceramics Penrith for the damage and/or loss in transit. You must notify Austile Ceramics Penrith of any discrepancies with regard to this invoice within three (3) days of the delivery date.
9. All orders are subject to a deposit of one half (50%) of the value of this invoice.
10. Should the order be cancelled before the goods are delivered a cancellation fee of 30% of the full purchase price will apply, if approved by wholesaler.
11. Tiles that are made to order cannot be cancelled or returned for credit.
12. Order’s will be accepted on the following conditions;
i. 50% deposit on ordering, unless other amount is agreed to by both parties.
ii. Once deposit is paid, it means these terms and conditions are agreed upon.
iii. Balance payable to Austile Ceramics Penrith within seven (7) days of notification of availability of goods in store. No cheques accepted on final payment.
iv. A cancellation fee of 30% of the full purchase price will apply should any part of the order be cancelled or decreased in size at any time after the order has been taken, if approved by wholesaler, any freight charges that may occur in the process of returning to the supplier with be forward on to the customer .
13. Stock held on your behalf is at your own risk.
14. ‘Run of kiln ‘tiles or pavers means ungraded products.
15. Except as otherwise required by law, claims or credit are subject to the following conditions:
i. Returns must be made within fourteen (14) days of notification of availability.
ii. Stock held by Austile Ceramics Penrith on behalf of the client is subject to the following conditions:
a. Goods must be inspected within seven (7) days of notification of availability.
b. Goods can only be cancelled or returned within seven (7) of notification of availability if approved by wholesaler.
iii. Goods accepted for credit are subject to a 30% handling fee plus freight charges for the return to supplier.
iv. Invoice must be presented for proof of purchase.
v. Product is in saleable condition. Tiles will only be accepted in unopened original cases and sheeted mosaics in complete undamaged sheets.
vi. Tiles that have been soaked in water will not be accepted.
vii. Product must be of current stock and shade on hand and be of merchantable quality.
viii. Relocation charges are to be the account of the customer, Not Austile Ceramics Penrith.
ix. No claims allowed on purchases unless accepted by the manufacturer and a minimum of three (3) full unopened boxes of the same item.
x. No credit will be issued on products where a special price has been agreed upon.
xi. No credit will be issued for products purchased at a ‘SALE’ price.
16. You are responsible for the selection of the person/tiler who will affix the products purchased. You should make thorough independent enquiries of this person’s qualifications and workmanship. Austile Ceramics Penrith makes no warranties implied or otherwise of the tiler, even if they are named or their card has been obtained through Austile Ceramics Penrith.
17. Measurements and quantities must be thoroughly checked with your tile fixer before being finalised. We take no responsibility for the accuracy of the quantity of product, which you have ordered.
Shade variations are inherent in all clay products
No responsibility can be accepted for crazing or shade variations
All tiles should be examined upon receipt.
All tiles can be slippery when wet, Liability will not be accepted for accidents due to inappropriate tile selection, inappropriate maintenance or carelessness.
All tiles must be laid in accordance with recognised industry standards.
The act of laying the tiles means the material is accepted for décor, shade, quality, type and size.
It is the fixer’s responsibility to lay the material under control of the client or the client’s agent, e.g.: builder.
No claim will be accepted once the material is laid.
TITLE OF THE GOODS DOES NOT PASS UNTIL SUCH GOODS HAVE BEEN PAID FOR IN FULL